Thursday, June 4, 2020

Amazon is Buying Your Old Echo Devices



Amazon Echo 
CNET reports that Amazon will let consumers trade-in their old Amazon Alexa devices. Depending on the model and type of device you can get between $5 and $30 plus 25% off of a new qualifying 

The original  Amazon Echo looks like a giant compared to the new generation product. My youngest son has inherited my device and uses it in his room. It's his alarm clock and audio-book player all in one (really the only thing that he listens to is Harry Potter).

My preferred Alexa device are the ear buds. I didn't really like these before compared to the Apple Air Pods but they've grown on me mainly because they stay in my ear without dropping out. What's interesting however is that I never use the Alexa functionality of the earphones.

Anyway back to the story, the buy-back program certainly is a great way for consumers to refresh their devices. I'm sure Amazon is ripping them apart for parts that may be still useable but more expensive to use from scratch

No comments: